- 1 packed cup of fresh spinach
- 1 can of chick peas or edamame or a combination of both (drained)
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or chicken stock (for cooking the quinoa)
- Salt (to taste)
- Bring 2 cups chicken stock or water to a boil. Add quinoa.
- Lower temperature and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Let cool. I usually place the pan in the sink in about 2 inches of cold water to cool it quickly.
- In a food processor, grind the spinach leaves until it’s a paste
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, spinach paste, and the juice of 1/2 a lime. Stir until well combined.
- Add chick peas and tomatoes and stir until mixed. Salt to taste.
- Serve. Best if chilled for 24 hours.